Re: Bits from the uw-imap maintainer

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:12:29PM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> * I would like some people to document how to set up up TLS or SSL
> in popular
>   IMAP clients (in particular: Outlook, Outlook Express, KMail,
>   Mozilla Mail,
>   fetchmail, and Mutt.)  I will include this indormation in a FAQ.

SSL with mutt is well documented in
/usr/share/doc/mutt/README.SSL.gz

My .muttrc, which works swimmingly with an unsurprisingly UW
imap server, contains the following.  Though the above
README describes well how to get mutt to speak ssl, it
doesn't deal with the "mailbox root as $HOME" issue.

 set imap_force_ssl
 set folder={nspring@nspring.mail.cs.washington.edu:993/ssl}Mail
 set spoolfile={nspring@nspring.mail.cs.washington.edu/ssl}inbox
 set certificate_file=~/.muttsslcerts