Re: When not to close a bug in a changelog...

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 07:32, Richard Braakman wrote:

> Well, the nmu tag would not provide the same information.  If many bugs
> remain "fixed by NMU" but unacknowledged, then the maintainer isn't paying
> attention.

Obviously, whatever tag names and semantics we come up with cannot
change whether or not the maintainer is paying attention.

> But if a bug is closed with an "nmu" tag, then even if the
> maintainer promptly verifies and includes the NMU patch, the bugreport
> will remain in the same state.

Which makes sense, because the bug was purportedly already fixed, so it
should stay closed.  If it wasn't fixed, it should be reopened by the
maintainer before uploading again.
As for the issue of the "nmu" tag laying around: well, all we would have
to do is have maintainers do the same thing they do now with
acknowledging NMUs:

 * Acknowledge NMUs (Closes: #12345, #55555...)

and then dinstall would remove the "nmu" tag if it was present.