Re: When not to close a bug in a changelog...

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 06:05:40PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 16:16, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > It serves to provide evidence that the maintainer isn't actually paying
> > attention to the package.
>
> You can always look at who closed the bug.  And we would still have the
> "nmu" tag.

Well, the nmu tag would not provide the same information.  If many bugs
remain "fixed by NMU" but unacknowledged, then the maintainer isn't paying
attention.  But if a bug is closed with an "nmu" tag, then even if the
maintainer promptly verifies and includes the NMU patch, the bugreport
will remain in the same state.

Richard Braakman