Re: simple package autobuilder

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:33:41PM -0500, Nathan A. Ferch wrote:
> is there a program or a trivial script i could write that would track a
> package, and build it automagically when a new version is uploaded?
> ideally, this would also move the newly-build packages to my apt source.

I maintain an apt-gettable repository of packages rebuild from unstable
to stable, to maintain it I use a script written by me which use
pbuilder and, obviously, a pbuilder stable chroot.

You just have to download the package sources and invoke my script of
the .dsc file, the script will rebuild the package for stable and also
upgrade an apt-gettable repository adding to it the rebuilt package.

You can add more automation to this stuff subscribing to the PTS for the
package you are interesting in and use a procmail entry to rebuilt a
package when a new release is available.

You can find the script and the other stuff at
http://people.debian.org/~zack/ocaml/rebuild_package.pl

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy