Re: Optimized compilation

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 10:16:44PM +0200, Pierre THIERRY wrote:
> It is not cross-compilation, it is compilation for the exact
> architecture of the system... And I'm still wondering why
> dpkg-architecture revert every x86 to 386,

All official Debian packages are compiled for 386, because the usually
tiny benefit of compiling for each individual subarchitecture isn't
worth the vast increase in the size of the archive.

> invoking an inexistent point of the policy...

("nonexistent")

The section numbers in policy have changed since that was written.
Perhaps 12.1 is the one you're looking for.