Re: Mass bugfiling potential: 'rules' with space

In chiark.mail.debian.devel, you wrote:
>Something interesting: I checked FreeBSD, and it's behaviour is
>different from both Linux and NetBSD, although probably more like Linux.
>It drops the trailing blanks, and appears to split on whitespace. If I put:
>#!/tmp/test-argv -f foo bar

I was pointed at http://www.uni-ulm.de/~s_smasch/various/shebang/ . The
only subset of #! it seems portable to use is an interpreter followed by
a single argument followed by no trailing spaces. I think filing bugs on
the packages with the rules files in question is pretty justified.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org