Re: Debian "removed" archive( [ alexandria-Support Requests-613931 ] Project registration rejection: debianremoved)

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 04:09:55PM +0200, Toni Mueller wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 01:11:40PM -0500, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> > 	Well, I tried creating a "removed" archive using sourceforge and
> > they don't like "content" based projects. Does anyone have any suggestions
> > as to where I can host this "content" part of my project?
>
> I don't but recently also came across the problem of finding "old"
> files. There really *should* be an archive of some sort that would
> allow to accumulate all such seemingly outdated stuff. Sometimes
> this is just needed, eg. for interoperability with some other
> outdated, but still living, software, hardware, or whatever.
>
> OTOH this isn't going to rock, and most people want to get latest
> or newer software anyway, so it's probably not a hot topic for all
> those who could consider running such an archive (ie, there is
> neither fame nor money to be gained). Consider a tax raise for that...

snapshot.debian.net is keeping old copies of the pool now. I used it to
find out when something changed in one of our packages (by downloading
all the intermediate versions between stable and unstable). Very useful.

Hamish