Re: Debian "removed" archive( [ alexandria-Support Requests-613931 ] Project registration rejection: debianremoved)

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Toni Mueller wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 01:11:40PM -0500, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> > 	Well, I tried creating a "removed" archive using sourceforge and
> > they don't like "content" based projects. Does anyone have any suggestions
> > as to where I can host this "content" part of my project?
> I don't but recently also came across the problem of finding "old"
> files. There really *should* be an archive of some sort that would
> allow to accumulate all such seemingly outdated stuff. Sometimes
> this is just needed, eg. for interoperability with some other
> outdated, but still living, software, hardware, or whatever.
> OTOH this isn't going to rock, and most people want to get latest
> or newer software anyway, so it's probably not a hot topic for all
> those who could consider running such an archive (ie, there is
> neither fame nor money to be gained). Consider a tax raise for that...
Tax raise? Most people on this list don't seem to like the "removed"
archive idea and point to the reasons for removal document,
snapshot.debian.org and the morgue on auric. I do not believe these to be
adequate but fwiw these other resources are available.

     Drew Daniels