Re: Mass bugfiling potential: 'rules' with space

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:57:21 +0100
Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> >How would you make "make" to be a bit more resilient ?
> >I might have a file " " which I want to use with make, with
> >
> >make -f" "
>
> Yes, fair enough. Can anyone think of a good reason why NetBSD
> *shouldn't* pass on trailing whitespace in the interpreter line other
> than "It breaks things that work on Linux"? If not, fixing the packages
> sounds like the right thing to do.

In case it was ambiguous, my comment was a comment on the
side of "NetBSD shouldn't pass trailing whitespace", and "why it
might not be a good idea to fix make to ignore whitespaces after -f".

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer