Re: Warning to Debian Developers regarding BitKeeper

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 02:43:16PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> Even better would be a wrapper script around bitkeeper to check before
> invoking every command, and to continue checking as long as the command
> is running (do any bitkeeper commands take a long time? Probably at
> least commit message editing).
>
> However, I can't do this as I have not run BitKeeper, do not run
> BitKeeper, and do not intend to run BitKeeper.

Actually, I think it might be easier then you think.

All you need is to put a wrapper script called "bk" somewhere
in your path (but before the real bk) that calls the real
bk command.

Or divert the real bk command somewhere else. Or whatever.

The real bk command dispatches execution to the desired bk
command.

eg:

/usr/bin/bk
#!/bin/sh