Re: Warning to Debian Developers regarding BitKeeper

On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, at 07:37 AM, Russell Coker wrote:

I suggest that you write a tool to do this and package it for Debian. It
should do a HTTP request to check the date on the relevant URL once per
minute whenever it detects that a bitkeeper process is running.

Even better would be a wrapper script around bitkeeper to check before invoking every command, and to continue checking as long as the command is running (do any bitkeeper commands take a long time? Probably at least commit message editing).

However, I can't do this as I have not run BitKeeper, do not run BitKeeper, and do not intend to run BitKeeper.