Re: memory debugging and C++ (program keeps crashing)

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 11:34:47AM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > >      * valgrind
> >
> > requires unstable.
>
> How was compiled from source binary in stable acting?
> This seems to be most popular.

Perhaps it is the most popular, but I still couldn't get it working
on my project...

Maybe this is because one of the libraries my project uses does
something weird with memory allocation, or maybe it is a bug in
valgrind. I don't know.

> > >      * memwatch
> >
> > Couldn't find this in Debian.
>
> It is listed in GNU site.
>  http://www.gnu.org/directory/devel/debug/
>  http://www.gnu.org/directory/devel/debug/memwatch.html

I see:

    - Rudimentary support for C++ (disabled by default, use with care!)

So I am not going to use it just yet.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>