Re: LFS

Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> wrote:

> #152392.

If this is the only reason, then we should NOT turn LFS on in mpg321.

The file in question is only 3M.  There is probably a genuine bug somewhere
that is being hidden away by turning LFS on.

My criterion is simple, if the file in question can (IMO) reasonably grow
over 2G, then LFS should be turned on, otherwise it is left off.  If the
application deals mainly with small files, then I turn LFS on selectively.
For example, dash will not open shell scripts larger than 2G, however, it
will deal with redirections to files over 2G.