Re: completely hosed OpenOffice 1.0.1

* George Danchev (danchev@spnet.net) wrote:

> > So how do I get this directory and how does it relate to msttcorefonts
> > when they are in /usr/share/fonts/truetype/?
> >
> > Should I have the /var/lib/defoma/...TrueType to the /etc/X11/fs/config
> > file as well?
>
> apt-get install x-ttcidfont-conf
>
> and read the following carefully, it worked for me.

Thank you. That fixed my immediate problem with OpenOffice. However, I
have a few other ttf font files that I installed. Plus, I've installed
the ttf-larabie-* series of true type font packages from debian, which
install themselves into /usr/share/fonts/truetype/larabie-* directories.

I followed the instructions, but my single ttf files in
/usr/share/fonts/truetype and the larabie packages do not get recognized
by my system/defoma. How do I fix that so any TrueType font I have will
be managed and seen correctly?

Thanks in advance.

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine