Re: Need help with bug#130805 (crash on Sony Vaio laptops)

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 09:28, Jochen Voss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need some help with bug #130805.  The bug submitter's
> Sony Vaio laptop crashed on some command.  Details are at
>
>     http://bugs.debian.org/130805
>
> As I do not own such a machine I cannot do much about this.
> So my request is: could anybody with a Sony Vaio laptop try
> the following:
>
>     1) Install the fdutils package
>     2) Remove the floppy drive
>     3) Prepare for a possible crash (save all open
>        files, execute 'sync', ...)
>     4) Run the command "/usr/sbin/MAKEFLOPPIES -g"
>
> Does this crash your laptop?

This may just be a USB floppy problem and not a VAIO issue.  I did not see the
submitter report the kernel version he was using however so we can not
investigate from that end.  This may also be reproducible on other laptops
which use usb floppies.