Re: Orphaning Unbuildable Packages (fpm)

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 06:12:21AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> Don't you wonder even a little about using a program with the dual
> description of "badly written and buggy" but whose stated purpose is to
> securely store passwords?

Isn't that a great idea? Oh, wait I guess not.... Its not setuid, so I
bet it doesn't do anything "cool" like lock down the memory in use, like
gpg does (to prevent swaping to harddisk)...

What we really need is some good alternatives, but I can't
think of any.

It would be nice if there was an editor like vim, emacs, or even
thoughttracker that could edit encrypted GPG files and read the contents
into non swapable memory, without saving the cleartext anywhere on
harddisk, but I don't know of any.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>