Re: NMU'ing for wishlist bugs? (aka: intent to NMU bind9)

* Bob Proulx (bob@proulx.com) wrote:
> Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> [2002-09-16 16:10:58 -0400]:
> > There is no overriding reason or need for named to have an entry in
> > base-passwd.  It's simple enough for the package to add the user.
> > Even ssh does this, and for much the same reason.
>
> Note that I was only stating that a local named is very common and was
> refuting the statements that no one runs one.  I expressed no opinion
> on whether 'named' should be in base-passwd or not.

As pointed out elsewhere, and as I was getting back to above, the
popularity is unimportant in this question.

So, therefore, unless I've missed something, we're all agreed (or
abstaining) that a bind user is not needed in base-passwd.  Well, that
wasn't so hard I suppose, though probably a great deal more than was
necessary. :)

	Stephen