Re: NMU'ing for wishlist bugs? (aka: intent to NMU bind9)

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:19, Stephen Frost wrote:
> No, don't.  If admins want it that way, admins will set it up that way.
> By default, since the vast majority of people will *not* have bind
> installed, do *not* require everyone have a user they will not use.

I think that the majority of Linux machines have bind installed.  I don't
recall the last time I installed Linux without bind, it would be sometime
before 1996...

named is more popular than all news servers combined, more popular than
majordomo or uucp ever were (and they are much less popular now), more
popular than msql...  These other programs have their accounts in everone's
/etc/passwd, why not named?