Re: New control field proposal which could help on gcc3.2 transition

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 12:06:40PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Er, I'm not renaming debconf though, it will be a provides that is
> provided by both debconf and eventually cdebconf.

I think that's a good general strategy.  Let's not pollute the package
names with this information, which will meaningless to most users
anyway.

Instead, let us treat these things just as we do virtual packages, with
the involvement of the policy group so people don't "standardize"
wrongly or prematurely.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Somebody once asked me if I thought
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    sex was dirty.  I said, "It is if