Re: dh_make debian/rules clean target

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> [2002.09.13.0038 +0200]:
> > If you really want that above to work you've to build-depend on
> > autotools-dev otherwise I suppose the buildd's will not find them and
> > not copy them...
>
> are people doing it this way? is it better?

I don't think it's better. I update (by hand) config.sub and
config.guess when it's needed and only when it's needed, this way my
packages do not need to build-depend on autotools-dev.

Even if you decide to update config.sub and config.guess very often,
you can put the commands updating these files in a non-mandatory
debian/rules target to be executed by hand (before doing dpkg-buildpackage),
and you would avoid the build-dependency.