Re: Work-needing packages report for Sep 6, 2002

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 10:15:06AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
What work?  If they're working, leave them be.  If they're broken, then if
nobody wants to fix them they won't get released.

Unless it's in a stable release, in which case it must be addressed.

If I actively cared, I would adopt them.  I'm just arguing against setting
any arbitrary guidelines for package removal, when existing mechanisms for
quality control would appear to work sufficiently.

See above. Unmaintained crap in stable creates work years after everyone
ceased to care about a package.

Mike Stone