Re: [PHP] Placement of PHP programs?

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 12:31:05AM +0200, Hugo Espuny wrote:
> I am not agree with this proposal. As maintainer of phpnuke and postnuke,
> I had to use a different approach, as the main tree of this two packages
> include configuration files for running. Not only I mean the main
> configuration file of the package, but also a lot of files from themes
> which the user is very likely to modify to fit them to its need. Also the
> user is very likely to install manually new modules to this kind of
> software. So i chose /var/lib/$package to install, and wwwconfig-common to
> configure apache.

As i wrote you by mail you can leave the themes and such directories under
/var/lib/$package and make a symlink from /usr/share/$package

The same could be for the modules.

It would be a nice idea to split the package in order to have
{post,php}nuke-{theme,module}-$name and provides some quick hint on how make
a Debian package for one's own module/theme (quite trivial for any one).
{php,post}nuke can Suggests/Recommends any of them (either module or theme).

If you like this idea and need a hand i can do it.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have