Re: New Tasks (was: Re: Where are tasks now and how are they handled?)

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 03:44:23PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:
> Letting people choose is the wrong way for KISS. KISS means "simple" and
> "stupid", choosing conflicts: to these concepts.
> KISS probably should mean: xdm (kdm and gdm are more complex, already
> too complex for KISS imho: language selection and session selection...)

Well, I think you misapply KISS. Suppose a user really needs to
select a language or wants to use kde? Do you really believe it's
simpler to explain how to edit a .xsession file than to select the
appropriate menu item? Certain things *require* a certain level of
complexity, and simply hiding the feature doesn't make it easier to use.

--
Mike Stone