Re: RFP: pdb2dhl

Hello,

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 10:02 pm, Farokh Jamalyaria said:
> pdb2dhl:  A program that converts PDB (Protein
> Databank) files of polypeptides to their dihedral
> representations. It also extracts the amino acid
> sequence.  I wrote a Perl wrapper, called pdb2epk,
> that uses pdb2dhl to create input files for ECEPPAK, a
> free bioinformatics package that's downloadable off a
> website affiliated with the National Institutes of
> Health.  Apparently, similar software is either
> non-existent, not available publicly, or hard to find.
>  ECEPPAK is a good program, but the input files are
> non-standard.  This converter makes programs like
> ECEPPAK much more useful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Farokh Jamalyaria

I'm not a Debian Developer, but I've been looking to become one for
quite some time. I'm a biologist with some background in bioinformatics
and I'd like to package this while going through the new maintainer
process. If you'd send me the webpage where I could download the
program, if one exists, or if not then the program itself I'll send out
an ITP and get started. Thanks!

 - David Nusinow
   krmt1984@ucla.edu