Re: Debconf preloading, standard method?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Debconf preloading, standard method?
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 08 Sep 2002 19:35:34 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20020802231330.GA6031@kitenet.net>
- References: <1028136224.21313.56.camel@runabout> <20020731191030.GD31635@kitenet.net> <20020802140944.1986B94B@hofmann> <20020802172844.GB26385@kitenet.net> <20020802193648.0005626FE@hofmann.snowcra.sh> <20020802231330.GA6031@kitenet.net>
>> Yes, I considered this; however this means you'll have to copy all
>> of standard input into a temporary backend, unless you can
>> guarantee dpkg-preconfigure/etc are only going to run once.
>> Otherwise the second time it runs it will get nothing from standard
> That shouldn't be a problem, if the config script runs when the
> package is preconfigured and then writes values back to a drdriver
> higher on the stack than the pipe. I'd have to try it to be sure
It will be a problem when you install several packages at the same