Re: Ardour, Sound Agnula/DeMuDi Re: ardour

Le Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 11:39:22PM -0400, marco trevisani écrivait:
> 1- working on a easy/fast, with a lot of auto configuring, installation for the
> specific Debian-multimedia (whether will be called Agnula/DeMuDi or
> Debian-multimedia etc.), sound card setup etc. (that could become useful in
> general).

Yes, you can use the new debian-installer as a base for your customized
installer. When many sub-projects like yours collaborate on a single
flexible and modular installer like debian-installer, we can do great
things. :-)

It's interesting to see how debian-installer can fill that role. It's
already used by two distributions dedicated to education ...

> My personal idea, dont blame if I'm going to say something that is not reasonable,
> even if i studied I'm not totally aware of the Debian policy details, would be
> that a process of integration could be done (if that will happen and the Debian
> community will agree on that) gradually for the April release, while the November
> release will still be *outside* Debian -still using Debian policies and woody -
> and could be seen as a *testing* version, where Debian developers could cooperate,
> if they wish, in order, not just to build the distribution/task, but also with
> ideas, criticism, etc, so, by April we could have a very solid Debian-Multimedia
> that could be integrated smoothly into the official Debian.

The integration within Debian should be started as soon as possible...
even if you announce your release independently. Because it takes
time...

> Those Developers who are interested and want to contribute on the discussion and
> project development could join the Agnula mailing lists.

To make it know as a Debian sub-project, you have to post regular news
of it on debian-devel-announce.

I suggest that you send an announce mail there right now with complete
information on what you need, what you're going todo and so on. (you
just need to be a developer to send a signed mail there)