Re: Ardour, Sound Agnula/DeMuDi Re: ardour

Le Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 11:39:22PM -0400, marco trevisani écrivait:
> 1- working on a easy/fast, with a lot of auto configuring, installation for the
> specific Debian-multimedia (whether will be called Agnula/DeMuDi or
> Debian-multimedia etc.), sound card setup etc. (that could become useful in
> general).

Yes, you can use the new debian-installer as a base for your customized
installer. When many sub-projects like yours collaborate on a single
flexible and modular installer like debian-installer, we can do great
things. :-)

It's interesting to see how debian-installer can fill that role. It's
already used by two distributions dedicated to education ...

> My personal idea, dont blame if I'm going to say something that is not reasonable,
> even if i studied I'm not totally aware of the Debian policy details, would be
> that a process of integration could be done (if that will happen and the Debian
> community will agree on that) gradually for the April release, while the November
> release will still be *outside* Debian -still using Debian policies and woody -
> and could be seen as a *testing* version, where Debian developers could cooperate,
> if they wish, in order, not just to build the distribution/task, but also with
> ideas, criticism, etc, so, by April we could have a very solid Debian-Multimedia
> that could be integrated smoothly into the official Debian.

The integration within Debian should be started as soon as possible...
even if you announce your release independently. Because it takes

> Those Developers who are interested and want to contribute on the discussion and
> project development could join the Agnula mailing lists.

To make it know as a Debian sub-project, you have to post regular news
of it on debian-devel-announce.

I suggest that you send an announce mail there right now with complete
information on what you need, what you're going todo and so on. (you
just need to be a developer to send a signed mail there)