Re: Ardour, Sound Agnula/DeMuDi Re: ardour

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 11:39:22PM -0400, marco trevisani écrivait:
> The integration within Debian should be started as soon as possible...
> even if you announce your release independently. Because it takes
> time...
Nice to share the same opinion with other fellow developers ;-).
I said quite the same one month ago in private mail.  I think Marco
and the Demudi team did a great job and I hope they will not waste
their time with inventing stuff which is yet invented in Debian.

> > Actually a first step into a integration would be to be able to create  a
> > Debian-multimedia mailing list in the official Debian mailing list section.

> And if you don't get a quick answer, keep reminding them of your request
> (once a month or so)...
Exactly what I said.

Next step would be to get some web space as describe at

     http://www.debian.org/devel/website/des

Moreover you might have a deep look into the {junior,med}-* packages which
simply show how to build meta packages for an internal project.  Special
interest should get med-common and med-common-dev.  Feel free to contact
me in private about this stuff.  If the internal projects evolve it might
make sense to create a mailing list debian-iprojects to discuss common
issues - just an idea.

Once more I like to repeat what Raphael said:  Just start now with the
integration.  It will safe your own time later.

Kind regards and good look with your project

        Andreas.