Re: Dumb little utilities

I guess I was worried that they are so trivial that any of the real
programmers on this list could recreate them in 5 minutes with sed, awk,
and perl. :)

But, well ok:

little endian hex dump
find a file within a file
duplicate file remover
tab and untab (I just discovered that this can be done with pr).
file renamer (that can change case).
file slicer (that can slice up a file into different size chunks).

display id3 tags in mp3 files
remove id3 tags in mp3 files
generate id3 tags from file name (probably not generally useful).
convert wave <--> raw audio files
examine wave/raw audio files and print stats
change amplitude of wave/raw audio files
adjust lead in/lead out of wave/raw audio files

There's a few others, but that is the general idea...

-Scott