Re: How to transition to G++ 3.2 wthout any breakage

> Because you have no clue what you are talking about.

The problem is that people who have a clue are proposing solutions that
would break existing packages and would cause the user to recompile
everything he has compiled on his own.

Furthermore, they don't explain what is wrong with the approach of
people that are trying to solve the problem in the best way.

The same is happening with GTK and libpng (that, *of* *course* can be
solved without recompiling packages even though it might require
modifying either GTK, ld.so, dpkg or libpng).

The problem with this approach is that it saves the maintainer's time,
but wastes users' time, which is not good. Users now have to either
recompile all packages that use C++ or GTK or alternatively find out how
to correctly fix the problem (as opposed to just taking the easiest
route, that appears to be the Debian way).

Anyway, I'm trying to implement it. The only problem that I noticed is
that things like CORBA_string__free are mistaken as v2 ABI symbols.
However it seems possible to accurately identify v5 ABI symbols (of
course not 100% accurately for every possible library but probably for
all the ones in Debian) so it should be possible to work around that.
OTOH, I found out that with a C program scanning is fast enough that we
can just scan packages without checking dependencies first.