Re: Linux Fonts

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 03:24:02PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > If noone else has offered, I'd love to package this font for inclusion
> > in debian, or include it a free-ttfonts package with a few other gpl
> > tt fonts.
>
> I question the name free-ttfonts.  The convention seems to be:
>
> ttf[-foundryname]-fontorfamilyname
>
> I don't see any value in the designation 'free'.  Of course everything in
> Debian main is free.  I also don't see any point in bundling fonts from
> different sources.  So why not simply ttf-dustismo?

Yes, you're right about removing the free part. I simply wanted to
make a single package of truetype fonts for ease of use. I see now
that there are a number of ttf packages, but they seem to all be asian
charsets. I'm trying to create an alternative for msttcorefonts and
xfonts-scalable-nonfree packages (which do not follow the convention
you have mentioned here).

michael

--
michael cardenas | lead software engineer | lindows.com | hyperpoem.net

"And if the earth no longer knows your name,
 whisper to the silent earth: I'm flowing.
 To the flashing water say: I am."
- Rainer Maria Rilke