Re: Move to python 2.2 as default release?

Thanks for the post, Laura.  I agree -- Python 2.3 won't be ready for
a long time, and I recommend to the Debian folks that they
standardize on Python 2.2.  For now, that will be Python 2.2.1; a
maintenance release, 2.2.2 will be issued some time later this year.

I don't expect 2.3 to reach maturity until mid 2003.

[Context:]