Re: Pin and apt

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 07:50:31PM +0200, Julien Danjou wrote:

> Le Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 01:32:19PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman a ?crit:
> > On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 05:11:00PM +0200, Julien Danjou wrote: It looks
> > like you are providing the same package versions from both sources.
>
> It's right.
>
> > Pins are used to select between distinct versions.
>
> Why can I specify a release pin instead a version pin ?  I don't agree.

Releases are just a convenient way of selecting versions of packages, it is
not (as far as I know) intended to distinguish between particular sources of
packages.

> Identical :-(

Something else is wrong, then, as it is supposed to prefer them in order.
Does it work correctly if you remove the pins, then list the file: source
first?

sources.list(5):

       It  is  important to list sources in order of preference, with the most
       preferred source listed first. Typically this will result in sorting by
       speed from fastest to slowest (CD-ROM followed by hosts on a local net-
       work, followed by distant Internet hosts, for example).

--
 - mdz