Re: Pin and apt

Le Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 04:01:55PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman a écrit:
> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 07:50:31PM +0200, Julien Danjou wrote:
>
> > Le Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 01:32:19PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman a ?crit:
> > > On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 05:11:00PM +0200, Julien Danjou wrote: It looks
> > > like you are providing the same package versions from both sources.
> >
> > It's right.
> >
> > > Pins are used to select between distinct versions.
> >
> > Why can I specify a release pin instead a version pin ?  I don't agree.
>
> Releases are just a convenient way of selecting versions of packages, it is
> not (as far as I know) intended to distinguish between particular sources of
> packages.

Hum, but release are for all packages from ONE source, so... ?
I think all packages from this source have release set to the repository release.

> > Identical :-(
>
> Something else is wrong, then, as it is supposed to prefer them in order.
> Does it work correctly if you remove the pins, then list the file: source
> first?

No.

root@tollan:/etc/apt-> head -1 sources.list
deb file:/root/deb/ ./
root@tollan:/etc/apt-> ls -l preferences*
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           54 2002-08-11 02:05 preferences.bak
root@tollan:/etc/apt-> apt-get update
[...]
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
root@tollan:/etc/apt-> apt-cache policy icewm
icewm:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.2.0-1
  Version Table:
     1.2.0-1 0
        500 http://debian.mirrors.easynet.fr sid/main Packages
        500 file: ./ Packages
root@tollan:/etc/apt-> apt-get install icewm --print-uris -y
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  icewm-common
  icewm icewm-common
0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8  not upgraded.
Need to get 499kB of archives. After unpacking 2294kB will be used.
'http://debian.mirrors.easynet.fr/pool/main/i/icewm/icewm-common_1.2.0-1_i386.deb' icewm-common_1.2.0-1_i386.deb 238048 4959cbcaa274dd5ae9bb35144923538c
'http://debian.mirrors.easynet.fr/pool/main/i/icewm/icewm_1.2.0-1_i386.deb' icewm_1.2.0-1_i386.deb 260934 73f7800ef2f37da5f0a66819d397cd1e

> sources.list(5):
>
>        It  is  important to list sources in order of preference, with the most
>        preferred source listed first. Typically this will result in sorting by
>        speed from fastest to slowest (CD-ROM followed by hosts on a local net-
>        work, followed by distant Internet hosts, for example).

Thanks, this is useful, but do not seems to work (or I am stupid). :-(

Does "apt-get update" really update ? :-/

(In my local repository I have only 2 packages: icewm and icewm-common)

--
Julien Danjou

 .''`. Debian developer
: :' : http://jdanjou.org
`. `'  http://people.debian.org/~acid
  `-   GPG: 9A0D 5FD9 EB42 22F6 8974  C95C A462 B51E C2FE E5CD