Re: Menu system rewrite update (Aug 6 2002)

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 02:37:45PM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> On Aug 06, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > What's new today:
> >
> > - Not a lot of code; just integrated Moshe's .startswith suggestion to
> >   make the code cleaner in parse_menus.py.
> >
> > - Two specification docs:
> >
> > * group_spec.txt: a replacement for the submenus that people seem to
> >   want to graft onto the official hierachy.
> >
> > * draft_policy.txt: a first-cut of a draft menu policy.
>
> I guess I forgot the url... http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/~cnlawren/debmenu/
>
> For convenience, the two documents are attached.  The group spec I
> will also forward to the XDG list.

Chris,

as .desktop files must be in UTF-8 encoding, why do you specify that
"localestring" entries must be UTF-8 encoded?

Also I would like an extra tag, say X-Debian-LozalizedFields, which should
contain the exact list of translatable entries when either
  a) a "localestring" entry must not be translated
  b) or another entry has to be translated

Denis