Re: Release management and testing problems

On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 03:43, Anthony Towns wrote:

> And even if you're *not* a developer, it's all free software: setup your
> own copy of the archive on your own machines, and maintain it yourselves
> as much as you like.

Exactly what I'm doing to come up with ideas about update packs.  I've
got about a half-installed katie at the moment that needs some work, but
eventually I'll have something working and I'll be able to freely mess
around without having to inconvience the ftpmasters.  I'm also going to
not take the position of, "I've been doing this myself for 6 months, so
why can't debian do it too!".  Hell, I don't even know if what I'm
thinking of will be worthwhile or a futile exercise.  Working code,
general consensus really does make some things just happen.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/