Re: Release management and testing problems

Le Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 12:31:04AM +1000, Anthony Towns écrivait:
> > But I can give some figures based on the actual update_output.html.
>
> I can give you some figures too: 33, 42, 978, 9.376. Numbers aren't any
> value unless they're actually informative.

I have to retain myself to not insult you.

I have followed all your advices, and the only thing you're telling me
now is "please go play somewhere else".

This is not the kind of transparency I expect from the release manager.

It's not like my figures are completely unrelated to the actual problem.
They describe the current situation ...

> And why are they stuck?

It was explained just below.

> Is there a good reason for them to be stuck?

Yes for 2/3 of them. None for 1/3 of them.

> Raphael, you've been complaining for months that I haven't applied some
> patches you want to the BTS. The reason I haven't is that I don't have

This is absolutely not related. Maybe it's time to have new BTS
maintainers instead of waiting on episodic work from you and doogie.

It's your responbility to find some help if you're not able to do
everyting you wanted to do. Release manager is not enough ?

[ I can also be non-constructive as you can see... ]

> arbitrarily large amounts of time to devote to Debian; please stop wasting
> the time that I do have. Go away. Stop waving your banner and trying to

Because you think that I lose no time by trying to discuss with you ?
Your time is more important than mine ?

> So you've already decided what the cause is before you even bother to say
> what the problem is, eh?

Call that a sub-problem and you're done. I'm fed up with your "lessons".

> We have plenty of room for improvement. http://bugs.debian.org/wnpp, eg.

Blablabli ... bothered to read the subject of the mail ? It's about
"release management". Yes ! You're progressing fast too ...

> > It's not something that can be easily predicted, only experience could
> > tell us.
>
> Then. Get. Some.

This is a list of discussion. We post mail to have input and feedback.
It's not (only) a "todo list" where we come each day "ok, i'll develop that
because it looks funny".

I don't need you to repeat me "go and try". I can't. I have no way
to impose anything to hundreds of developers. That's why we discuss, we
try to see if a little experiment is possible and worth it.

For this precise "problem" I don't have any idea of how we could
experiment it to see if it brings anything to us. But maybe someone
else on this list does have ... hence the post.

By the end of the week, you might well understand what collaboration
means.

> Worse, though, your posts are completely useless as a lead in to any
> useful discussion on this. So, again, please _stop it_. If you want

Your followups are not better, really. And you're taking a malicious
pleasure to try to make funny of myself.

Sorry for my rudeness, I'm really patient, but you managed to highly
annoy me. Each time I followed your advice to try to discuss seriously,
you have replied with useless puns. I'll stop wasting my time now and go
hack on something else.

Cheers,