Re: Dock Apps packaging

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 09:36:07PM +0200, Frank Lenaerts wrote:

> (1) developer perspective: having the finest possible granularity is
>     best for maintenance purposes
>
> (2) user perspective: ease of selecting things: it might indeed be
>     more difficult to select some little apps from a large list, but
>     with things like the task packages, meta packages bundling
>     together things to ease selection, this should not be a problem
>     anymore
>
> To conclude, I would choose to have things packaged separately and
> have other packages to group packages that are often used together.

Like a meta package?

Just create "dockapps-net" which depends on all the net-related
packages. Or separated for popularity as dockapp-popular or whatever.

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19

It's called a change-over. The movie goes on and nobody knows the
difference.
		--Narrator (Fight club)