Re: POSSIBLE BUG : some woody packages coming from potato and not pool?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 08:25:58AM -0400, Walter Tautz wrote:

> Can I download the required packages from potato using debmirror perhaps?
> Reading the manpage says it scans the Packages file so this would seem
> to be the correct way to go.  My problem obviously
> stems from the fact that I'm using a rsync script as posted on the debian
> website with a few minor changes one of which is not to mirror potato.
> LESSON: use debmirror for mirroring archives, duh...

I have written a bash script for our local mirror. It uses rsync for the
Packages files, and wget using the contents of the Packages file. It can
be configured for different architectures and dists.

Problems: it is not very clean, and it does not delete old packages (but you
can make a mirror of the mirror...). I use it since 6 months or so.

If anyone is interested, I can make it available.

I tried debmirror, but somehow I did not get it working... but I do not
remember why. Possibly because we have a proxy here that requires
authentication. I did not like it anyway.

Greetings,
Oliver