Re: POSSIBLE BUG : some woody packages coming from potato and not pool?

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 04:53:51PM -0400, Walter Tautz wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > > * Walter Tautz <wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca> [2002-07-30 16:30]:
> > >
> > > Those packages haven't been updated since potato.  If you look at a
> > > Debian woody ISO you will see that it contains a potato directory with
> > > those files in it.
> >
> > Yes, in short woody depends on potato packages which forces one to mirror
> > potato on an ftp server for example. Isn't this a bug?
>
> Not a particularly serious one, since in any case the most efficient way
> to mirror just woody is to download only the files mentioned in a woody
> Packages file.

I'm glad to see someone thinks this is a bug of some type :-)

Can I download the required packages from potato using debmirror perhaps?
Reading the manpage says it scans the Packages file so this would seem
to be the correct way to go.  My problem obviously
stems from the fact that I'm using a rsync script as posted on the debian
website with a few minor changes one of which is not to mirror potato.
LESSON: use debmirror for mirroring archives, duh...

-walter