Re: Get rid of /etc/mtab ?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 11:27:09AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> I gather that this is a rare condition that only occurs if you compile
> devfs into the kernel but do not use it?
>
> Obvious solution: Don't do this!

I had that setup for a while.  I didn't want devfs, but I needed it
in the kernel in order to be able to compile ROCK Linux, and to be
able to mount it in a chroot.

Before you ask, I used ROCK Linux because it was the first distribution
I found that comes preconfigured to run off of a CDROM :-)

Richard Braakman