Re: [hertzog@debian.org: Re: Woody retrospective and Sarge introspective]

Le Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 11:12:01AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen écrivait:
> | What does I miss ? This would satisfy all my complaints.

What horrible things I can write when I don't proofread myself ...

> it seems like you want to use unstable like experimental is supposed
> to be used.  if you don't want to propagate to testing, upload to
> experimental.

I was sure that someone was going to respond that. :-)

You're missing several points :
- unstable will always be the default target for uploads, and things
  will continue to go in unstable making harder for any package to go
  from unstable to testing (because of a dependent packages that is
  not stabilizing)
- experimental is not autobuilded

One of the biggest advantage of "testing-proposed-updates" is that it is
built against "testing". That means that your package will go in
testing if the delay is passed and if you had no major bugs. You won't
be kept away of testing because of a nightmare with the dependencies.

Also you keep the control of what you send to our users.

Cheers,