Re: [hertzog@debian.org: Re: Woody retrospective and Sarge introspective]

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 01:58:25AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> When people want to update packages in testing, they have to upload in
> t-p-u ...

It took people quite a number of months even to notice that testing
existed, and I have the impression that many developers still don't pay
attention to it (I'll not single out examples, but there's plenty of
confusion in the archives of debian-devel). What makes you think that
people won't carry on uploading to unstable as they have done since
199x, and that packages won't therefore languish unfixed from release to
release?

I think unstable should carry on feeding into the release, just perhaps
with finer-grained controls.