Re: [hertzog@debian.org: Re: Woody retrospective and Sarge introspective]

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 11:08:12AM +0200, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
> Is there
> any empirical evidence with some Debian packages where multiple
> maintainers have speeded up the release/bugfix cycle or the contrary?

The OpenOffice.org packaging team has quite a few parallel jobs.  It is too
much for a non-fulltime maintainer:

 Rene Engelhard: myspell dictionaries
 Chris Halls: i386, releases, mirrors, QA, patch merging, distro contacts
 Peter Novodvorsky: Database porting, making OOo DSFG-free
 Jan-Hendrik Palic: PPC port, web pages, following Gcc versions
 Martin Quinson: langpacks (no longer involved)

 We've also had contribtions from John Cooper, Jack Howarth, Larstiq and
 others.  There's plenty of room for more, too :)

Chris