Re: [WARNING] Some notes on the upcoming glibc to unstable

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 11:20:07AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> The next upload of glibc for unstable will have a drastic change.  The
> minimum kernel supported will be bumped up to 2.2.0.  This means if
> you have a 2.0.X kernel running unstable; STAY WITH WOODY.

On the topic of glibc upgrades, I wonder: how dangerous will it be for
systems (in various states of Debian/Unstable) to do an "apt-get install
glibc" to upgrade it, instead of the recommended "apt-get dist-upgrade"
(which updates everything on the system to the current Debian/Unstable
which may not be preferred in a number of situations)?

I hope this question belongs to the right list. If I should have asked
in -users instead, please accept my apologies.

Thanks.

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III   :  <http://jijo.free.net.ph/>
Network Administrator  :  The Leather Collection, Inc.