Re: pam_console for debian

Hi Sebastien!

You wrote:

> > With other words: pam_console is only for clueless admins and Redhat
> > users.

> Or for people who do not need the paranoid mode.

Those people can either just put the users in a static group that can
access the camera (which is what I am advocating), or just chmod 666 the
camera device (which is the easiest solutions, but offers no security at

> The problem is exactly the same if you put someone in the audio group.
> If  a microphone is plugged in the audio card, anybody into the audio
> group can listen to you.AFAIK you must trust users a bit.

I totally agree.

Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |
|  zoetekw@phys.uu.nl            | bon le faire?                |
| bas@A-Eskwadraat.nl            |               Pablo Picasso  |