Re: Debian 3.0r1

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:52:15AM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:25, Michael Stone wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 05:32:29PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> > > Another thing, I'd like to get SE Linux added in a point release.
> > That is *way* too intrusive a change.
> Why?  It's just some extra packages that you can choose to not install...

Sure, so put it up on people.debian.org. Adding it into stable indicates
that it's supported and expected to work, but most developers have
no idea how it works let alone how to support it, and there's very
little experience with how it works, certainly not enough for random
developers to have any chance of coping with a permissions bug from an
SELinux system.

Ain't *no* way I'd be game to add this to stable, and I'm pretty sure
Joey's even more cautious and conservative about changes to stable than
I am.

Cheers,
aj