Re: RealNetworks goes open source

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 05:47:27PM -0500, Shyamal Prasad wrote:
>     Thomas> Apparently.  I think it's so cute the way Canada gets to
>     Thomas> make its own laws.
>
> Yeah....clause 13.8 says
>
> "Where You are located in the province of Quebec, Canada, the
> following clause applies: The parties hereby confirm that they have
> requested that this License and all related documents be drafted in
> English. Les parties ont exige' que le pre'sent contrat et tous les
> documents connexes soient re'dige's en anglais."

Well, I can't read that last sentence.  Obviously I can't accept
a license with sentences I can't read.

In addition, the statement being confirmed is obviously untrue
for most licensees in Quebec (because they have probably not made
any requests of any kind about the license).  I'm trying to figure
out if confirming untrue statements in order to get the software
would be fraud...

Richard Braakman