Re: base-files and /dev

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:49, Santiago Vila wrote:
> It could well be the case that removing /dev from base-files fixes
> your particular problem, but I have the feeling that the underlying
> problem will remain. We should fix the real problem.

I think that in this case the handling of /dev by base-files is the real
problem.

> I don't know SE Linux, could you please explain briefly the mechanism
> by which dpkg calls your SE Linux script, what does it do, and why?

My modified dpkg calls run-parts to run /etc/dpkg/postinst.d/ scripts.
Currently the only such script is my selinux script to label the files.

Each file has to be labelled with an appropriate type before it can be used.