Re: Accepted sdl-image1.2 1.2.2-1 (i386 source)

#include <hallo.h>
Junichi Uekawa wrote on Mon Jul 22, 2002 um 11:07:37PM:

> > >   Otherwise people could upgrade the recompiled packages without
> > > upgrading sdl-image.
> >
> > Somehow I haven't seen a consensus here yet. Do I update the soname or not?
> > Do I create a separate package or not?
>
> You need to update the soname, and create a different package.

When you create a different package, conflicting with the first one, you
have a real chance of not having ABI incompatibilities. Sure, you have
to recompile all the packages, and when the user upgrades, she would
have to upgrade everything or some (old-compiled) packages would be
removed.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"They are marked 'dangerous' because they eat filesystems for breakfast."
                               Linus Torvalds about 2.3.7 pre-patches, LKM