Re: Christian Marillat, once again

> Sending bugreports is nice, asking them to be kept open, also. But
> all the problems you're reporting are upstream problem, so yes you can
> file them, we can forward them and tag them until upstream decides to do
> something. But the fact is that upstream IS aware of the problem
> (several upstream developers do follow debian-gtk-gnome BTW) and that
> filing a bug in the Debian BTS will change absolutely nothing ...

I had two complaints, actually:

1) The bug gets closed without being fixed, and
2) the gnome-terminal package was uploaded in a state where it was
   known to have this bug--and indeed, he has *never* bothered to make
   upgrades work correctly, and this is Debian's job to get right if
   upstream does not or will not, and
3) Christian's response when the bug was reported amounts to "I
   already know about this, so I'm closing the bug."

This is his usual procedure.  It needs to be fixed.

> I wish you had a more constructive way of dealing with people. Instead
> of bashing Christian, you could see that Christian is doing many great
> things (too many ?) for Debian, but from time to time he's a bit too
> fast in closing bugs because he has to manage a huge number of them.

He's doing many great things--but no matter how many great things he's
doing, it doesn't somehow make the bad things less bad.

If a bug report hasn't been sorted through, the right thing is to
leave it open.  It is never right to close an unfixed bug.

It's no harder for him to tag it with the reported-to-upstream tag
than to close it, for example, if he thinks upstream will be dealing
wiht it.